Useful game to do, at the start of a project retrospective. Helps people remember more of what happened, over the project timeline, not just the last few weeks. Good to do before games like Circles and Soup.
- Everybody on the project team
- Somebody (projectlead) to draw graph, explain and summarize
Whiteboard, markers (different colors are nice, but not needed)
- Draw a graph with Happy/Sad face on the up/down axis and the project timeline on the horizontal axis.
- Add as many milestones points on the time line as needed – add sprint stop/start if this makes sense.
- Let each participant draw a graph over the project time line.
- Let them add milestone markers or text if needed
- Let them talk and tell why they are going up or down.
- Summarize the places where people agree or disagree the most.
- The goal of this exercise is to let people remember what happened
- It gives them an excuse to talk about how they felt and why
- Good game to start with, before doing a project retrospective
- Works well for projects – less well for short periods of time