Timing: 10 mins
One at a time, show each of the following dog names and have participants vote by showing an estimate card:
- Chihuahua – this is the smallest dog and should be the reference estimate. Others should be sized relative to it.
- Great Dane – estimates should be very large
- Golden Retriever – estimates should be medium or large
- Poodle – participants should ask for more information, e.g., is it a standard poodle or a toy poodle?
- Newfoundland – this is a lesser known dog; those who don’t know what it is should not vote and should instead ask questions
- Austrian Guildenbaur – this is a trick; the dog does not exist, so no estimates should be given
- This exercise should get participants familiar with using the planning cards.
- Estimators should not be influenced by others.
- Topics are sized relative to each other, using Nebulous Units of Time.
- People should not vote on topics that are not understood. They should ask for clarification or if it is not in their domain, they should abstain.
Posted by Don McGreal
VN:F [1.9.16_1159]Doggy Planning,